Thank you sponsor:
Does your business need an edge during recovery? Are you leveraging the energy, skills and diversity of BC’s post-secondary students through co-operative education, apprenticeships, internships and other types of Work-Integrated Learning (WIL)? Learn from HR professionals who have recruited, onboarded, and helped manage WIL students and how their organizations have benefitted; discover what funding is available for small- and medium-sized organizations and how it works; and gain insights on incorporating equity, diversity and inclusion into your student hiring process. Our panelists will provide practical insights to help you tap into the WIL student talent pool.
- Jordin Brotzel, BBA, CPHR Candidate, Coordinator, Regional Human Capital, MNP
- Samantha Ng, HR Generalist, Human Resources, Safe Software Inc.
- Kevin Tucker, HR Consultant
- Akanksha Thakur, Program Coordinator, Equity Diversity Inclusion Resource Hub, Simon Fraser University
- What the different types of work-integrated learning are, and which types may suite your organization’s needs
- How HR professionals can make it easier for teams to bring WIL students on board
- How the pandemic is impacting WIL students and the talent pipeline
- Tips for remote work, diversity and inclusion
Who should attend:
- This session will benefit HR professionals looking to secure emerging talent to build organizational resiliency, adapt to new economic realities, and access new and diverse voices and skills.
About this course
- 4 lessons
- 1 hour of video content