Thank you sponsor:
Does your business need an edge during recovery? Are you leveraging the energy, skills and diversity of BC’s post-secondary students through co-operative education, apprenticeships, internships and other types of Work-Integrated Learning (WIL)? Learn from HR professionals who have recruited, onboarded, and helped manage WIL students and how their organizations have benefitted; discover what funding is available for small- and medium-sized organizations and how it works; and gain insights on incorporating equity, diversity and inclusion into your student hiring process. Our panelists will provide practical insights to help you tap into the WIL student talent pool.
- Jordin Brotzel, BBA, CPHR Candidate, Coordinator, Regional Human Capital, MNP
- Samantha Ng, HR Generalist, Human Resources, Safe Software Inc.
- Kevin Tucker, HR Consultant
- Akanksha Thakur, Program Coordinator, Equity Diversity Inclusion Resource Hub, Simon Fraser University
- What the different types of work-integrated learning are, and which types may suite your organization’s needs
- How HR professionals can make it easier for teams to bring WIL students on board
- How the pandemic is impacting WIL students and the talent pipeline
- Tips for remote work, diversity and inclusion
Who should attend:
- This session will benefit HR professionals looking to secure emerging talent to build organizational resiliency, adapt to new economic realities, and access new and diverse voices and skills.