The Future Generation team returns! What happens when the CEO brings in an A.I. Robot to make “objective” hiring decisions? Over thirty minutes, a cast of employees share their experiences of workplace racism — highlighting bias and stereotyping. It becomes clear that Future Generation needs a reboot to address systemic racism.
It’s time for concrete steps to address racism in the workplace.
1. Animated Content (30 min.)
What happens when an AI robot is brought on board as a company's "objective" hiring tool? Follow the stories of the people at Future Generation: a company that needs a "reboot" to address systemic racism.
2. What Laws Apply to Workplace Racism? (20 min)
Review the applicable laws:
- BC Human Rights Code, RSBC 1996, C. 210
- WorksafeBC’s OHS Policies
- OHS Provisions of the Workers Compensation Act, RSBC 2019, C. 1
3. Huddle Guide (10 min)
Tips for conducting debriefing sessions and discussing reflections on the course’s key learnings with your teams. The course can be accessed via smartphones, tablets or computers. You are not required to complete the episodes "all in one sitting": your completion and time spent on the course is tracked by a Learning Management System.
• Educate and empower employees and managers in a wide range of workplaces.
• Disarm and engage learners with storylines that explore common race-based discrimination and harassment in North American workplaces.
• Promote anti-racism solutions for a healthy workplace culture and employee wellbeing.
|90-day Access to Online Interactive Learning||
CPHR BC & Yukon Member: