The presentation, Canada's Economic Outlook: Helping Employers Navigate A Global Crisis, was part of a 3 day virtual event presented by the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Canada. Called the HR Virtual Forum Series - Empowering Your People in a Post-Pandemic Workplace, the presentation was originally presented live on June 1, 2020.
While the COVID-19 pandemic is first and foremost a global humanitarian and public health crisis, it has also ravaged economies world-wide. Strategies put in place to combat the virus’ spread have resulted in mass closures for businesses, record job losses and steep contractions in household spending.
This webinar with the Conference Board’s Chief Economist will set the stage as to how Canada’s economy and labour market will transition to a post-COVID world. Pedro Antunes will discuss the near- and longer-term prospects as we emerge from the lockdown—and what path will the recovery take across Canada’s industries and regions.
A live webinar aimed at helping human resource leaders with business planning and risk management.
Participants will learn about:
- How the crisis is affecting the global and U.S. economies and how this will impact Canada’s export industries
- The fallout of COVID-19 on Canada’s labour market, what occupations are hardest hit, and which will be most in demand in a post-COVID world.
- What should employers expect in terms of wage pressures near- and longer-term?
- What will be the fallout of the extraordinary fiscal measures put forth by federal and provincial government—how will ballooning government debt affect public and private employers?
About this course
- 2 lessons
- 1.5 hours of video content