Thank you sponsor:
COVID-19 has forced many companies to lay off employees without cause. Canadian employers are grappling with difficult decisions around the appropriate amount of reasonable notice they must provide workers.
During this webinar, employment lawyers from leading Canadian employment & labour law firms will discuss how the current economic environment may impact reasonable notice periods awarded by the courts. Specific attention will be placed on the dramatic shift in job market conditions across industries and geographic locations.
- Current national, provincial, and industry-specific labour market conditions
- Common components of severance packages and where reasonable notice fits
- How economic conditions can impact reasonable notice
- Looking back: how reasonable notice periods were affected by past recessions
- Looking ahead: what we might expect in the coming months
Who should attend:
- HR professionals / in-house counsel, especially those that handle terminations.
About this course
- 3 lessons
- 1 hour of video content