Modern HR departments need an adaptable and relevant toolkit of approaches to resolving conflicts. From front line negotiation to mediation to investigation to arbitration, there are more than a dozen other approaches that HR professionals need to have available. Learn about the multitude of approaches, and their advantages and disadvantages, so that you can make cost-effective and workplace-effective choices to manage and deal with any conflict that arises.
Paul Godin, the author of "A Practical Guide to Conflict Management System Design" will illustrate the factors relevant to your dispute resolution process choices, adding to your toolkit and honing your ability to choose the right tool for each conflict. Don't spend $15,000 on an investigation when peer coaching or mediation may be more effective and less costly.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Identify a wide range of HR conflict resolution tools.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the dispute resolution approaches available to you.
- Identify the value of rights-based approaches, and their challenges.
- Identify the value of interest-based approaches, and their challenges.
- Understand the preventative tools available to you to minimize the degree and frequency of conflicts
Who should attend:
- Any HR Professional.