Disability Case Management and Return to Work Planning can be difficult and filled with obstacles. This session is designed to give you practical tools and tips that will help you navigate through the complexities of employee return to work. It will discuss moving away from the medical model and the dreaded doctor's note to an abilities model.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- How to identify the benefits of Stay at Work/Return to Work Programs
- to understand the components of Stay at Work/Return to Work
- How communication is paramount and timing is of the essence
- How Stay at work/Return to Work keeps people engaged, can have a positive effect on all involved and save money
- How to build a modified duty list for any occupation
Who should attend:
HR Professionals that would benefit from tools to engage senior executives to front line workers in the benefits of "recover at work".
Meet your instructor
Kymm Ducharme has worked in the field of Injury Management for over 20 years, she has a BSW from UVIC and an MBA from Royal Roads. She is passionate about the benefits of recovering at work and has worked with numerous employers, industries, and workers within BC to assist them to implement practices and procedures founded in the evidence based abilities model.