The presentation, The Echo Pandemic Is Coming: 5 Mental Health Essentials To Being Prepared, was part of a 3 day virtual event presented by the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Canada. Called the HR Virtual Forum Series - Empowering Your People in a Post-Pandemic Workplace, the presentation was originally presented live on May 27, 2020.
Businesses and organizations have had to adjust, adapt, and pivot to the disruption caused by the pandemic. But there is another pandemic coming that will impact how our team functions and companies need to prepare now.
Many of our teams were having difficulty coping with stress and were facing burnout long before COVID-19 came along. Now we are seeing that their stress is heightened even further, and our teams are struggling to find their way through this pandemic. The next pandemic will be a repercussion and crisis of mental health.
One in five employees will experience a mental health issue at some point in their lifetime. Increased stress and uncertainty, especially during this pandemic, can bring those symptoms out or make it more difficult for those already experiencing a mental health challenge, to cope post-COVID-19. This presentation will help HR Leaders, and their organizations focus on the most effective and essential strategies to address these mental health issues now, that will help their people stay engaged, combat the impact of the pandemic, and build their resilience as they journey into the future. The key is to recognize the warning signs and develop programs and supports to protect and support those who may be at risk due to the impact of COVID 19.
By attending this presentation, HR Leaders will be prepared for the Echo Pandemic as they will be able to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms that are signaling that their team is not coping
- Understand the signs and symptoms of major mental illnesses so that there is a general recognition of the early warning signs of a mental health challenge
- Discover the 5 Essentials that leaders must address in supporting their team and minimize the impact of mental health challenges
- Develop an understanding and strategies for supporting those experiencing a mental health challenge in order to effectively encourage members to seek appropriate help if needed
- Combat the effects of the stigma associated with having a mental illness in order to build understanding and acceptance as you move forward
- Utilize the A-L-E-C model for effective and supportive mental health conversations to create a psychologically healthy workplace post COVID-19
About this course
- 2 lessons
- 1 hour of video content