Bring your real-life cases to this course to map, design and develop your organization’s change journey to ensure your organization can initiate and sustain change successfully.
In taking it, expect to:
- Conduct a simple assessment of where you are currently spending most of your effort – managing or leading.
- Use a system view to capture a full picture of your organization’s current situation.
- Simplify the strategic message everyone throughout your organization must embrace.
- Explore how to align and implement all the changes successfully.
- Learn how to lead people through transition to ensure full engagement
- Explore how to communicate change in ways that connects everyone.
- Develop a map of where everyone is on the change journey and outline your plan to keep them moving forward together.
Who should take this course:
Managers and leaders at all levels.
Meet your instructor
Chris Edgelow is the Founder & President of Sundance Consulting Inc and Lost Creek Press Ltd, organizations that are dedicated to providing consulting / training services and publishing a variety of resources that help organizations change. For more than 30 years, Chris has worked extensively throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. He has taught at the university level and is a sought after speaker at many conferences each year. Always engaging and very practical in his approach, Chris help people face the reality of what is currently happening in their organizations and find ways to build the necessary leadership competencies that will ensure their changes succeed.
- Overview - Leading Change (2 min. / 26 sec.)
- Introduction & Objectives (4:50)
- 2 Key Questions (7:48)
- The Integrated Approach to Leading Change (12:16)
- The Reality of Resistance (8:40)
- Your Organizations Approach to Leading Change (9:50)
- Start with the Systems View (2:07)
- Birds Eye View (6:54)
- Power and Authority System View (1:58)
- Organizational Life Cycle View (13:02)
- Simplify and Engage the Strategy (8:49)
- Aligning Strategy and Change (7:11)
- Implementing Successful Change (10:57)
- Leading People Through Transition (4:43)
- Intentional Separation (8:34)
- Leading People Through the In Between (7:33)
- Successful Integration (2:03)
- Enhancing Communication (6:26)
- What Gets Communicated When (3:20)
- Who Owns Change Communication (9:00)
- Ways to Communicate Change (9:43)
- Helpful Communication Tools (13:16)
- Improving Change Communication (1:54)
- Where is Everybody on the Journey (11:15)
- Action Plan - Keep Everyone Moving Forward (4:08)
- Slides - Leading Change
- Work Sheets - Leading Change
- Article - Changing the Way Organizations Change
- Leading Change - The Complete Program (2 hr. / 56 min. / 27 sec.)