In this Mastery Program – Leading with Emotional intelligence – A Guide for Professionals that Want to Get Unstuck, we work through the EQ-i 2.0® model developed by Multi-Health Systems (MHS) consisting of 15 emotional intelligence competencies within the five composite scales of Self Perception, Self Expression, Interpersonal, Decision Making, and Stress Management.
This program encompasses all of the content from each of the six minor programs. It provides a comprehensive program which takes the learner through each minor course module, plus a bonus video on happiness, to ensure an all-inclusive learning and developmental experience. The program is designed to take 15 hours over the course of six weeks.
- Gain an extensive understanding of emotional intelligence (EI) and how it impacts you; recognizing how EI relates to leadership effectiveness; learning the difference between IQ and EQ; understanding how your brain works with EI and discovering the EQ-i 2.0 model.
- Enhance your self-perception through recognizing factors that limit your self-regard and where you are unfulfilled; exploring how self-actualization relates to creativity and innovation; analyzing how you are perceived by others, and learning how to identify your emotions and the meaning behind your feelings.
- Boost your self-expression through learning how to choose the right words and appropriately recognizing when to adjust your perspective; discovering the do’s and don’ts associated with exercising your assertiveness, and learning how to balance your independence.
- Broaden your interpersonal skills by developing your relationship-building toolkit; investigating verbal and non-verbal communication; enhancing your ability to empathize with others and adapt your point of view; and learning how social responsibility impacts your sense of self-purpose.
- Improve your decision making by learning an 8-step framework for problem-solving; exploring the importance of thinking big picture; discovering a technique for root cause analysis; learning to think objectively, and gaining an understanding of how to regulate your emotions.
- Develop your stress management by exploring how different environments impact your flexibility; understanding the difference between accepting and approving of change; recognizing the importance of stress-relieving activities; accepting negativity as a waste of time; and discovering 10 steps that will help you avoid negative thought patterns.
Meet your instructor
Carolyn Stern is a successful entrepreneur who specializes in helping professionals get unstuck. As a life-long learner and academic, Carolyn is a university professor, corporate trainer, certified Emotional Intelligence Expert, author and professional speaker.
Carolyn’s focus and passion have been on teaching emotional intelligence, leadership and team building in the workplace. She drives individuals and corporations to learn how to connect authentically, communicate effectively and thrive collectively by interweaving emotional intelligence along the way.
Due to her undeniable passion for all things EQ, she also recently launched a new division of her business called EI Experience, which is a comprehensive learning and development experience for corporations.
They offer a combination of EQ Assessments, Private and Group Coaching Sessions, Live Training Workshops, Online Programs, Off-Site Retreats, and Inspirational Keynote Presentations that come in recommended packages or can be customized to the needs of your organization.
Carolyn holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing, a Bachelor of Education, Business Education and a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Primary Education from the University of British Columbia. She has also earned a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in International Business from the University of Copenhagen in Denmark and completed a Master of Arts in Leadership from Royal Roads University. Lastly, she is a Certified Facilitator in the area of Emotional Intelligence with MHS Inc.
If you would like to learn more about Carolyn’s businesses, please visit:
- 1. Introduction to the Mastery Program
- 2. The Secret of Success - Emotional Intelligence
- 3. Learning Guide, Objectives, and Agenda
- 4. What is Emotional Intelligence?
- 5. The Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- 6. What is Leadership?
- 7. Emotional Intelligence - A Fundamental Element of Leadership
- 8. IQ versus EQ
- 9. Emotional Intelligence and the Brain
- 10. EQ- i 2.0 model
- 11. EQ Assessment Reports & Coaching