We are on the cusp of a dramatic technological revolution that will disrupt our workplaces in a manner that our society has not experienced since our shift from an agrarian to an industrial economy. Led by such nascent technologies as self-driving cars, large-scale 3-D printing and artificial intelligence, this technological revolution will dramatically touch every industry, from trucking, construction and manufacturing to engineering, accounting and medicine.
Are we ready for this change? If managed properly, this technological leap has the potential to make us wealthier, healthier and happier. However, it may also lead to wide-scale job destruction, dramatically increased inequality and a rapid spike in permanent unemployment.
- Critical thinking about the future of work and HR’s role in managing disruptive technologies
- Discussion about skills redundancy and workforce training
- Discussion about how automation, artificial intelligence and software developments will impact human resources as a profession.
Who should attend:
- Open to all. While the speaker is a lawyer, this is not a legal topic and will be fairly general.
About this course
- 2 lessons
- 1.5 hours of video content